Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Silly Mary...

I know, I know... nothing for weeks at a time and suddenly twice in one day. I'm sporadic and awful, I know. :P

Anyway, I had a marvelous evening and felt the need to share it.

Stopped by A.C. Moore to pick up a delightful compartment box for stage management this fall. Did I mention I was a stage manager? I must have. Anyway, this box is beautiful. It can hold everything and is still about a quarter of the size Nick's was, which gives me an odd sense of pride, that I am fully able to consolidate. No offense, Nick. Your SM kit was godly, I promise.

Pretty, huh? It's just my style, and I don't care if anyone says SM kits absolutely have to be black. I disagree. Kate's was yellow if I remember correctly.

As for the rest of my evening, "Roman Holiday". I've seen the ending dozens of times, but not so much the beginning. I watched the first half hour, made myself a cup of tea (black spice, which I really love), and watched the ending anyway. It was fabulous. Did you know it was Audrey Hepburn's first leading role in a motion picture? Originally, the producers wanted either Elizabeth Taylor or Jean Simmons, who were much more well-known at the time, because so few had heard of Audrey, who'd only had any fame because of "Gigi" on Broadway. Just a little trivia. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment