Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pictures of Dreams

Remember when I wrote that I only painted at two or three am? Yeah, I wrote that yesterday. Scroll down a little and go back over that part before you keep reading this post. 'Kay, thanks.

Anyway, below are three of my paintings. All are the same size, 16x20 inches, not too small to restrict me and not too big to intimidate me. Yes, that's me peeking out from behind each of them. Had to make sure the webcam got the whole thing.

I actually decided this one looked better rotated one-quarter turn clockwise. Or at least, that is the way it hangs in my bedroom. It's the last thing I see before I go through the door.


My favorite doodle is swirls like the ones on the left of this one. I added little frays or "feathers" as I like to think of them because for some reason, just the swirls made the canvas seem too empty. I left a lot of the rest un-swirled because I felt like that section had enough texture that it didn't need any more pattern. Does that make sense?



Color versus black and white. I find both equally beautiful, but they compete so often, I decided to integrate them. Chaotic, I know, but still compelling.

All have varying types of paper layered within them, some mod podge incorporated as glue for said paper, and lots of acrylic paint. Oil and watercolor paints frustrate me. So do pastels. I'm rather a particular painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment