Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Underground

Right, so I posted stuff about "The Sounds" a little while ago, having listened to five or six songs off the new album. This past Monday, my best friend introduced me to a new one.

Let us go back to the underground
It was the place where we all used to hide away...

The lyrics reminded us of Cinema Arts, a small independent film theater where we worked after school and weekends during our senior year of high school. Every now and then, when we come back to visit, we'll pick up a shift. It always seems like a good plan... but here's the thing: it's changed so much. And I don't mean just the appearance. That alone would not deter us. I mean the overall feeling of the place. Peoples' drama, the way they act toward everyone, it puts off an entirely different vibe.

It's no longer our "underground".

No comments:

Post a Comment